I needed beads to make necklaces for the Women's Club Bazaar. The beads are in Tuzi, so we drove 30 minutes to the tiny town of Tuzi (population 4,748). Tuzi is the center of the Albanian region of Montenegro. They won their independence from the Ottomans in 1911.
62% of Tuzi are Muslims. (above picture is where you wash before entering the mosque)
(fountain is in the foreground)
35% of Tuzi are Catholic. This is a large per cent for Montenegro. (Only 2% of Tuzi are Eastern Orthodox.)
Mother Teresa was born in Albania. As this is an Albanian community, she is honored here.
(quote on the plaque above)
The fruit of silence is prayer.
The fruit of prayer is faith.
The fruit of faith is love.
The fruit of love is service.
When I read quotes by Mother Teresa, I find key words: SILENCE, FAMILY, SMILE, LOVE, HELP ONE, and LONELINESS.
SILENCE "The trees, the flowers, the plants grow in silence. The stars, the sun, the moon move in silence. Silence gives us a new perspective."
FAMILY "What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family."
SMILE "Peace begins with a smile."
LOVE "Love begins by taking care of the closest ones--the ones at home."
HELP ONE "If I look at the mass, I will never act."
"I want you to be concerned for your next door neighbor. Do you know your next door neighbor?"
LONELINESS "The biggest disease today is not leprosy, or tuberculosis, but rather the feeling of being unwanted, uncared for, and deserted by every body."
"People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway." --Mother Teresa








Loving all the posted photos and editorials you are both including on your blog. Before I forget -- Happy Birthday Nancy! I'll be thinking of you all day today! Love and miss you, but enjoying the travel logs and seeing the countryside through your eyes.
ReplyDeleteIs it time for me to start putting together the bracelets for your fundraising? Let me know. I (we) have a trip to Utah planned this month, but I sure can take some with me to work on.
Got alot of things happening in the extended Brown family now, so the next little while is going to be challenging to say the least.
Love to you both!
Sherrie
P.S. Happy Happy Birthday Nancy - love you sis!!!!